5.03.2006

A New Beginning

So here's the deal:

Now that school is finally out, I will start having some time to get back to my regular reading interests--however pedestrian or unique they might be. Of course, before much longer I'll have to get back to school preparation, but for now I will enjoy using the old Bookshelf for some reviews and recommendations.

I feel kind of like this guy in the Twilight Zone: So many books, and finally time to read!

Rather than just telling you what I'm reading (like I did in the past) I'm going to be posting reviews, recommendations for upcoming books, my responses, and more. Part of this is to stay in the habit of thinking critically about what I'm reading, and part of this is to keep myself writing in some form or other.

But the biggest part is that I want a place online where interested people can talk about books. That may just be me for a while, but I hope you'll take a few of my recommendations (or recommend a few things to me) and use this place as a sounding board to talk about books, magazines, or anything else you enjoy reading.

Come on in, put your feet up, and grab a book. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Tha Docta said...

I don't read a whole lot of different types of things, so I'm looking forward to some reccomendations. I think my problem is that I don't want to invest the time in something I'm not sure I'll enjoy, so I stick with the safe genres. Anyway, I'll be frequenting the site.

Matt said...

I'll be checking it out, too. I've been trying to determine what I want to read and I'm already considering your graphic novel idea. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!